|The Outstanding Paper Award
The Bled eCommerce Conference has featured research papers since its inception in 1988, and a fully refereed Research Stream was established in 1995.
Since 1999, an Award has been made each year for the contribution selected by the Award Committee as the Outstanding Paper.
The Award Committee changes each year, and comprises:
- the Research Stream Chair for that year
- the Research Stream Co-Chair for that year
- the Conference Chair – Joze Gricar of the University of Maribor in Slovenia
- the Committee Chair – to date, Roger Clarke of the Australian National University
The selection of a single paper is challenging, because of the great diversity of subject-matter, research approach, and evaluator perspective. This section outlines the Criteria that the Committee uses.
The starting-point is that this is the Research Stream of the world’s longest-running international eCommerce Conference. Its participants are the intellectual leaders of academe, industry and government.
To be considered for the Outstanding Paper Award, a paper needs to exhibit the following features:
- Academic Quality / Rigour
- Contribution to EC Understanding / Relevance
- Presentation Quality / Accessibility
- Contribution to EC Advancement / Ambition
The expectation is that researchers who are submitting papers in future years will be able to go back to the previous winners and infer from them what ‘very good’ means in the context of the Bled community.
The Award is evidenced by a plaque presented to the author(s).